The Prince Albert Exhibition Association was organized out of a need for governance and leadership in the settlement area of Prince Albert. It quickly became the only systematic organization in the District of Lorne. The society was charged with and accepted the responsibility of the community and surrounding district, establishing a governing body. It took the place of a municipal council and preceded the organization of the Board of Trade by three years.
Known as the Lorne Agricultural & Industrial Society at its inception in 1883, the Association was incorporated under the name Lorne Agricultural Society in 1887.
In 1905, the same year as Saskatchewan became a province, it became the Prince Albert Agricultural Society.
The year 1953 saw the Association become a non-profit organization through a private act, Chapter 126 of the Statutes of Saskatchewan.
In 1971, a final name change to the present Prince Albert Exhibition Association was made.
The Association remains the oldest continuing Agricultural Society in Saskatchewan. The year 2017 marks the 134th anniversary of the Prince Albert Exhibition Association. The organization has always maintained an onward trend for the betterment of the citizens of the area, to ensure that its motto, Where Town and Country Meet, remains an accurate reflection of its purpose and activities.
PAEX Annual General Meeting was held November 21, 2018
Five, three-year term positions and One, one-year term position on the Board of Directors were up to be filled this year. We had 8 nominees for the election.
Returning to the Board for three-year terms were:
Alex Fiddler and Donna Nagy, with Bernie Zintel returning for one year.
New to the board for three-year terms we would like to welcome:
Also elected was our Executive for 2018/2019:
President: Robbie Ross
1st Vice President: Donna Nagy
2nd Vice President: Eric Schmalz
Director at Large: Barry Swanson
Director at Large: Roger Mayert